MVYRADIO is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply. MVYRADIO is an equal opportunity employer. Our company is dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job listings at the station. We seek the help of local community organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. Community organizations that wish to receive our vacancy information should contact MVY by callling 508-693-5000. Job openings at the station are also advertised on the air, and listed on this page of our website.
- Jump to positions below:
Community Outreach Producer
MVYRADIO is accepting applications for interns. We offer students hands-on broadcast radio experience in our Vineyard studios with concentrations of their choice, including production, programming, news, and sales.
This is an unpaid internship. The start and end date of the internship, and the hours-per-week can be tailored to the individual intern.
The station studios and offices are located on Martha’s Vineyard, which is an island. Please take housing into consideration when you apply.
Please email resume to email@example.com
MVYRADIO is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH PRODUCER
This is a newly created full-time position. You’ll be managed and mentored by our Community Outreach Director, as you assume some of the Director’s current responsibilities.
The job requires basic interviewing and production skills, an ability to manage and meet deadlines, and an outgoing personality that can connect with a variety of community members.
The most important thing to note, is that MVYRADIO is located on Martha’s Vineyard. Living on an island is not for everyone, and before even applying we encourage you to consider if this location is right for you.
The duties and responsibilities:
- Create segments for The Vineyard Current, a weekly 30 minute news magazine
program. You’ll set up and conduct interviews, and edit the segments.
Assignments and final editing overseen by the Community Outreach Director.
- Produce and host Nightcasts, a weekly hour long interview and music program.
- Adapt and recycle interviews, for use as news stories
- Develop relationships with Island non-profits. Offer PSAs, plus interviews and features, where applicable.
- Attend at least 2 "Community Events" as an MVY representative, per month.
Possibilities include, Town Meetings, School Committee meetings, non-profit events, Chamber events, public speaking engagements.
- Chair Community Advisory Board, including arranging and hosting quarterly meetings, as well as general governance
- Provide Executive Director and Board with a quarterly Community Outreach report, listing the programming and interactions with the community.
- Work with middle school, high school and college students, in some cases along with the CO Director, to teach radio and interviewing skills. This includes running the after school program Radio Games, with guidance from the CO Director
- Work with the CO Director to produce a yearly “public forum” series each Spring
- Work with the CO Director to run the annual Night Out For Nonprofits event
- Work with the CO Director to produce segments for special features including Black History Month and Earth Day
- Participate in on-air Fund Drives
- Fill-in airshifts, as necessary
Programs we use. Experience is not required, but beneficial: Enco/DAD, Goldwave, Protools, Microsoft Office, Google Docs
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
"Found you in Rhode Island, where I am from, this summer. A combination of my greatest playlist ever and new tunes soon to be included on my greatest playlist ever.”
Perrin in France